Ten Ways to Improve your Website
Glenn and Tom have made a list of the top 10 things to do right now to improve your Website. Listen in to hear more details.
1. Keep it Simple
- Remember the ten-out-of-ten rule.
- What are your top three things?
- Simplicity equals great sales.
2. Have a Great Tagline
- It is the first content to get noticed on your Website.
- Marketing-Speak vs. real content.
- Clearly explain your value to Website visitors.
3. Use Captions on all Images
- Social media driving this trend.
- Most important form of messaging online.
- Entire Website strategies are based on captions.
4. Keep Navigation Intuitive
- Most interactive part of the Internet.
- Keep main navigation on all pages and use 8-10 menu items.
- Avoid pull-down and fly-out menus.
5. Build Your Website in WordPress
- An open source CMS is best.
- WordPress is user friendly and great for most Websites.
- Do your research and keep it simple.
6. Develop a Content Marketing Strategy
- See our related content in this area.
- A new rule of marketing and pull strategies.
- Regular content updates are a must.
7. Target your Sweet Spot Keyword
- What is the top keyword on your wish list?
- How competitive is the term?
- How popular is the term?
8. Use Google Webmaster Tools
- Your communication with Google.
- Very important SEO tool.
- Set-up Webmaster Tools and learn how it works.
9. Design for your Audience
- Graphic design should be targeted to the visitor, not the site owner.
- Too much design is worse than too little design.
- Work with an experienced graphic design professional.
10. Conduct Market Research
- UserTesting.com is an excellent resource.
- Informal phone surveys can work well.
- Set-Up screen sharing with Join.me or GoToMeeting.
The key action items from this podcast:
- Use this list as your check list for a Website update.
- It also applies to new Website projects.
- Be aware of page URL changes and 301 re-directs.
Every Website is unique, but these 10 rules apply to all sites.
Contact us today to find out how well you are doing with these 10 items.
HifiPix – Software for viewing and sharing high resolution images
We have a new client announcing software that will change the way we view and share high resolution images. This new app, under development by HifiPix, aims to make any image on the Internet support the ability to quickly grow to 10 times the resolution at the click of the button. Loading your images onto a HifiPix enabled server and using the lower resolution Website image it generates will ensure those images can be seen with their original high resolution quality. All users need to do is click on that Website image and the HifiPix app quickly loads and zooms up your original image to 10 times the resolution in front of their eyes.
Content Marketing Takes Planning
What happens when your content marketing becomes so successful that you don’t have time to write and distribute content? Your content marketing plan must have strict rules to follow when the growth created by content marketing takes over valuable marketing time.
Here are a few rules to consider when time is at a premium:
- Learn to be concise, to the point, and say something important.
- Have a plan for converting rough notes to polished content.
- Keep track of daily conversions that become those notes.
- Some content is better than nothing.
- Write a weekly blog post even when super busy.
Content marketing is meant to cause growth and continue to make time for it, even when that business growth fills your schedule.