In this podcast Glenn and Tom review the Website MiniMeGeology.com. This eCommerce Website sells geological products for kids and schools. Learn the steps this Website can take to increase sales and improve results.
The Website does a good job of clearly showing what it sells and communicating its purpose. Most site visitors will understand the key messages and products. The challenge is to entice visitors to explore the Website at a deeper level, shop for products, purchase, refer others and become repeat customers. Here are a few pointers on how the site can reach those goals.
- Define the target market for the Website.
- Use clear messages to each target market.
- Focus on the needs of kids and their parents and also teachers.
- Make use of brief videos to educate visitors.
- Develop videos made by kids for kids.
- Take great photography to engage users and sell more products.
- Show the cart when the online shopper clicks “add to cart”.
- Try using free shipping and increasing prices to cover shipping costs.
- Check out kid Websites on YouTube like the EvanTubeHD channel on YouTube.
The key action items from this podcast:
- Make the Website more visual with photos and videos.
- Use targeted and brief videos to tell your story.
- Strengthen the product presentation with more and better photos and excellent content.
- Display the cart as users add products to their cart.
- Tell stories in your blog about how kids love geology and the benefits of their participation in this science.