Designing Website home page, content, navigation, and look and feel with an emphasis on effective marketing as the central concern.
- Realize that your Website is always under construction and you need a process for continual updating and improvement.
- Involve a designer. Don’t let a purely technical person be in charge of design considerations.
- Make sure that your home page clearly describes your business function.
- User-test your navigation.
- Be sure to look at Website statistics and be responsive to trends and user likes/dislikes.
- Avoid long blocks of text. Users prefer short bulleted statements and will skip over large paragraphs.