Glenn and Tom talk about the future of Google. Google is one of the most powerful companies on the planet and it is important to know what they are planning so you can better prepare and take action.
Importance of Authorship
- The importance of content updates and credibility.
- The connection with Google+ and Google+ Local.
- The author’s photo and content in search.
- How to set yourself up as a Google recognized content expert.
Google Versus Spam and Malware
- One of Google’s biggest missions is to remove spam from search.
- Google is also working to prevent, help identify and remove malware and viruses from Websites.
- Webmaster Tools is the key resource for Web marketers in spam protection.
- Google’s instructions will be in Webmaster Tools.
- Keep current on updates in this area from Google.
A Leader in “Unprotected” Search
- Google is an advertising company.
- All traffic is monitored.
- New search engines are protecting users like DuckDuckGo.com.
- This could become an issue for Google.
- Look for Google to offer options for this in the future.
Growth in Various Technologies and Apps
- Google will use its cash to explore new technologies.
- Will they take their eye off search?
- What will change in AdWords?
- How will competitors impact Google?
- How will social media impact Google?
- How can Google simplify their apps and products?
The key action items from this podcast:
- Subscribe to updates from Google.Set-up a Google Webmaster Tools account.
- Keep all your Google accounts well organized.
- Find someone on the team to be a “Google Author.”
- Set-up a photo in your Google+ account.
- Stay updated on what get results in Google search by watching results.