In this Internet marketing podcast Glenn and Tom talk about strategies for Web marketing to mobile devices like the smart phones and iPads. Here is an outline of their discussion.
The Future of Mobile Devices
- Fastest growing devices in the tech world today
- Small and mobile devices like the iPhone and iPad are growing very quickly
- They are creating a new perspective on the use of technology
- These devises are still in the adopter stage
- People have more than one mobile device
- More models coming soon to compete with iPads
- Read “Dealers of Lightning” on your iPad to learn more about trends
How People Use Mobile Devices
- Mobile devices are very basic and not that deep
- The trend is toward more detail needed from mobile devises
- Mobile devices will begin to replace laptops in everyday use
iPhone versus iPad
- Size matters!
- The iPad has a large screen and is easy to use and buy online
- eCommerce sales on the iPad are double sales for smart phones.
How to Market to these Devices
- What are your goals?
- What is the strategy?
- How do your customers use these devices?
Use of Mobile Apps Versus Websites
- Must know how people see your company on mobile Websites
- Keep it much more simple, with a strong interface
- Sample each device to understand what users see
What are the key action items for the listener?
- Review your Web stats to develop a profile of the mobile user
- Look at your Website on mobile devices
- Research and survey the possibilities of application development
- Set a plan in motion to meet the needs of mobile device users
- Consider a strategy for mobile apps and Websites