Having a positive reputation in your community as an asset to your business is nothing new. However, with the rise of mobile content consumers have access to information 24/7 and online reviews are climbing in importance both to Google and to your potential customers. For 2019, reputable first person reviews are a must have as a part of your digital marketing strategy arsenal, especially if you are looking to improve your local SEO/SERP rankings.
Three Steps to Successful Online Brand Management
- Pick a Platform. There are multiple free platforms out there for consumers to leave product and service reviews. One of the best free tools is Google My Business. This platform not only allows people to find your business, read your posts and events, and see images of your business, but it’s an easy way for your clients to leave reviews and for you to respond. Yelp is another widely known platform but there is no shortage of other avenues such as Trustpilot, Foursquare or even your Facebook page. Pick one or two you can manage comfortably and respond to any reviews you may already have. Then begin by asking your consumers for their honest feedback. You can send out customer satisfaction surveys after the fact or have a questionnaire at time of service.
- Promote Trust. First person reviews are more important this year for your Google rankings, but they also widely influence consumer trends. Getting good reviews begins with you providing outstanding service. Your clients are much more likely to leave valuable reviews if they are impressed with your business. Successful first person reviews build you a loyal following and promote trust to potential consumers. In fact, over 93% of potential consumers say online reviews make a difference to their choice of purchase, including whether they will pay extra for a product or service based on what they think of the quality.
- Respond to the Good & Bad. Good reviews are great, and bad reviews aren’t bad. Poor ratings or “bad” reviews are an opportunity for you to connect, correct a situation that you may not have known needed attention, and potentially build a loyal customer for life. If you can turn a negative situation around by responding promptly and efficiently, you grow in your business and show that quality service and customer satisfaction are values you hold dear. You can set Google alerts to let you know when you receive a new review and engage with the customers that are taking time to leave you a review. You can then share positive feedback on your website, as testimonials, or on social media.
Quality reviews allow you to engage with your loyal following, create new offerings and ideas, all while receiving a realistic look at how your business is running. Google rewards first person reviews, which in addition to quality content and good navigation, will increase your organic traffic results, driving consumers to your site and through your sales funnel.
- Provide excellent services and or products for reviews
- Choose a Platform or two to promote for reviews and ask customers for honest feedback
- Respond to any outdated reviews
- Remember that quality reviews are rated higher if they contain specific keywords regarding your business. “Great place” is fine but “Great taco restaurant” is even better.
- Respond promptly to any new reviews, thanking your customers and addressing any issues that may need attention
- Share your positive feedback across your platforms and watch your traffic grow
For more information on how the Intuitive Websites team can help your business grow, contact us today!