In this podcast, Glenn and Tom talk about the impact of various screen sizes on the website users online experience. This is important as Google puts a stronger emphasis on mobile search and more users browse the web on their smartphones and tablets.
Listen to the podcast to better understand the usability and importance of paying attention to screen size for your website. Yes, size matters! This is true because of the massive amount of mobile device now used for online interactions. Here are a few areas reviewed in today’s podcast.
- Most users do not think about screen size settings when using a web browser.
- Users will assume the way they see a website is the way everyone will see the site.
- Screen size forces content to focus and to communicate in layers of content.
- Apple Watch brings a new way of thinking about screen sizes and content.
- Millions of people will soon be reading on their Apple Watches.
- Computing is now a fully mobile experience and forcing even more simplicity.
- Content is different on mobile devices and there is no room for unnecessary words.
- Conversion points must be mobile ready.
The key action items from this podcast:
- Review your web stats to determine the various web screen sizes used to view your website.
- Conduct screen and browser testing to see how the site looks on various screens.
- Take the time to test your site on multiple devises and computers.
- Set-up user testing on mobile devices to see how users interact with your site on a mobile phone or tablet screen.