Front End Developer Job Description
Intuitive Websites (IW) We are a digital marketing agency experiencing steady growth, and are looking for a mid-level front-end developer to join our design and development team. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills, be able to independently troubleshoot and resolve issues, be proactive, and demonstrate independence and initiative with regards to their development work. We are looking for someone who can be the resource who will research and provide answers, and be the expert on the development side of the company.
This is not a design position, this is a front-end development position.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Experience working with WordPress websites, including updating content, working in various WordPress themes, and experience with various builders (WP Bakery, Genesis, Gutenberg, etc.)
- Knowledge of other CMS systems (Joomla, Wix, Drupal, etc.) a huge plus
- Experience optimizing sites for site speed, with particular attention to Google’s upcoming page speed requirements
- Experience working with Shopify and WooCommerce, including product spreadsheet exports and imports, store setup, customization of template pages, setting up shipping, products, etc., and research/installation of plugins as needed
- Ability to research, recommend and implement plugins for WordPress sites to achieve requested client functionality
- Understanding of site hosting, including DNS, site launches, development and production environments, etc. WP Engine experience a bonus.
- Ability to troubleshoot site issues such as page load errors, site down issues, etc.
- WordPress site development (sample sites and level of involvement required)
- HTML, CSS
- Be a self-starter and able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Experience with HubSpot is a bonus