In this podcast Glenn and Tom talk about strategies and methods for to converting sales people into Web marketers.
Here is an outline of their discussion:
Why is it important to convert sales staff to Web marketing staff?
- Selling by prospecting is dead
- Lead generation is the key
- The Web is the best lead generator in history
- Sales people are perfect for this job!
- The basics of selling apply to a Website
- Salespeople will continue to sell
- They become an expert in their marketplace via Web content
How should a company go about doing this?
- Train sales people on database marketing
- Train sales people on Web marketing
- Sales people should how to generate leads on the Web
- eCommerce Websites replace the traditional sales person
- Integrate the sales team with the Web.
How do you find sales people that can do the job effectively?
- People are more Web savvy and comfortable learning Web technologies
- It is easier today thanks to Facebook!
- Look for sales staff that have a passion for the Web
- Incentivize and reward them based on these new skills
We end each podcast with an action item plan. What are the key action items for the listener?
- Evaluate your sales force for possible Web marketers
- Set-Up an CRM system and develop a database and content
- Develop an annual plan of database marketing, content development and a lead conversion strategy from your Website.
- Integrate the Website into the sales team.
This has been the Intuitive Websites Internet Marketing Podcast. For more information and to see all the available podcasts and much more, visit IntuitiveWebsites.com.