How should a company talk about themselves on their Website?
- Always easiest to talk about yourself.
- Develop an “About Us” page.
- This is the place where people come to learn more about your company.
- Take it seriously.
- If done right, it can drive conversions.
- Users look for value first then want to learn more about your company.
- Opportunity to build trust and credibility.
- The “About Us” page reinforces the brand.
What should be included in the “About Us” page?
- Philosophy and business approach.
- Company history.
- Bios and photos of team members/staff.
- Client lists, case studies, and testimonials.
- Location photos.
- Videos, photos and other content that describe your company
But how does the “About Us” page drive conversions? First, a visit here shows a high level of interest. The visitor is highly qualified; a trip to this page is likely, not random. Build the credibility and trust the visitor is looking for, then make it easy for them to convert from this page.
- Create, write or improve your “About Us” page.
- Make the “About Us” page visible on the main navigation.
- Get user feedback on the page and edit as needed.
- Include the items mentioned in this podcast.
- Keep the page current, review it often.
- Measure the stats and conversions from this page.