How should a company talk about themselves on their Website?
- Always easiest to talk about yourself.
- Develop an “About Us” page.
- This is the place where people come to learn more about your company.
- Take it seriously.
- If done right, it can drive conversions.
- Users look for value first then want to learn more about your company.
- Opportunity to build trust and credibility.
- The “About Us” page reinforces the brand.
What should be included in the “About Us” page?
- Philosophy and business approach.
- Company history.
- Bios and photos of team members/staff.
- Client lists, case studies, and testimonials.
- Location photos.
- Videos, photos and other content that describe your company
But how does the “About Us” page drive conversions? First, a visit here shows a high level of interest. The visitor is highly qualified; a trip to this page is likely, not random. Build the credibility and trust the visitor is looking for, then make it easy for them to convert from this page.
- Create, write or improve your “About Us” page.
- Make the “About Us” page visible on the main navigation.
- Get user feedback on the page and edit as needed.
- Include the items mentioned in this podcast.
- Keep the page current, review it often.
- Measure the stats and conversions from this page.
This has been the Intuitive Websites Internet Marketing Podcast for more information and to see all the available podcasts and much more, visit IntuitiveWebsites.com.