Ten Ways to Improve your Website
Glenn and Tom have made a list of the top 10 things to do right now to improve your Website. Listen in to hear more details.
1. Keep it Simple
- Remember the ten-out-of-ten rule.
- What are your top three things?
- Simplicity equals great sales.
2. Have a Great Tagline
- It is the first content to get noticed on your Website.
- Marketing-Speak vs. real content.
- Clearly explain your value to Website visitors.
3. Use Captions on all Images
- Social media driving this trend.
- Most important form of messaging online.
- Entire Website strategies are based on captions.
4. Keep Navigation Intuitive
- Most interactive part of the Internet.
- Keep main navigation on all pages and use 8-10 menu items.
- Avoid pull-down and fly-out menus.
5. Build Your Website in WordPress
- An open source CMS is best.
- WordPress is user friendly and great for most Websites.
- Do your research and keep it simple.
6. Develop a Content Marketing Strategy
- See our related content in this area.
- A new rule of marketing and pull strategies.
- Regular content updates are a must.
7. Target your Sweet Spot Keyword
- What is the top keyword on your wish list?
- How competitive is the term?
- How popular is the term?
8. Use Google Webmaster Tools
- Your communication with Google.
- Very important SEO tool.
- Set-up Webmaster Tools and learn how it works.
9. Design for your Audience
- Graphic design should be targeted to the visitor, not the site owner.
- Too much design is worse than too little design.
- Work with an experienced graphic design professional.
10. Conduct Market Research
- UserTesting.com is an excellent resource.
- Informal phone surveys can work well.
- Set-Up screen sharing with Join.me or GoToMeeting.
The key action items from this podcast:
- Use this list as your check list for a Website update.
- It also applies to new Website projects.
- Be aware of page URL changes and 301 re-directs.
Every Website is unique, but these 10 rules apply to all sites.
Contact us today to find out how well you are doing with these 10 items.