Podcast Number 72 – January 2012
In this Internet Marketing Podcast Glenn and Tom talk about business profile pages within the major social media outlets of Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ and YouTube.
What should be considered when setting up a business profile page?
- This social media is about business and is not personal.
- Brand the pages like your Website, they are not personal social pages.
- Allow for ease of communication and content.
- Strive for interaction with these pages from users.
- Develop a strategic plan for social media for 2012.
- Page look and feel, content and how you get support are key areas.
- Include your key products and services.
- Who and what will be the voice of your brand in the social media content?
What are a few examples of strategies for business profile pages.
- The people at your organization are highlighted.
- Smart use of photography works as branding and messaging.
- Link back to your company Website and landing Web pages for conversions.
- The content is the implementation of your strategy.
- Include brief content on services and products.
- Find ways to conveniently help people solve problems or gain benefit.
How is the content posted on these pages different from other content postings?
- Content is brief snippets that drive attention to links or the principle Website or blog.
- Keep content relevant, current and use multiple media.
- Assign someone in the organization to drive this content.
- Keep it brief and interesting with photos.
- Be aware of posting the same content on all social media sites, some variety is needed based on your strategy and how users interact with the content.
Here are the action items from the Podcast:
- Build a great company Website first.
- Layout your social media strategy for the year and find a team to implement.
- Build a business profile page for Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+ and Twitter.
- Do user testing and check your stats.
- Recognize direct and indirect benefits that can be measured.