The following is an excerpt from Thomas Young’s new book, “Winning the Website War” –
The Basics of Web Marketing
It is critical to understand the fundamentals of strategic digital marketing. Here are a few questions you will need to be able to answer:
- What are visitors looking to see and read about on our website?
- What type of research do we need to conduct to better know our online visitor?
- How does the website brand our company?
- How is Google important to my business?
- Why is Google the most important search engine and how does it work?
- What are Google AdWords and how do they work?
- What are the keywords people use to find our site in search engines? Why?
- How popular and competitive are those keywords?
- How do visitors convert on our website and become customers?
- How can I use website data as a key performance indicator (KPI) for the company?
- What is the best web development platform for our company? Why?
- How can I build a team to get all this work done?
- How do I measure results?
By the way, all the answers and more will be found in the coming chapters of this book.