SEO Specialist Job Description
The role of the SEO Specialist at IW is central to IW client success. The role of this position is to develop the SEO strategy to meet our client’s digital marketing goals.
Develop sitemap, study competitors, do keyword research, write and optimize title tags, meta tags, etc. This candidate will be able to implement actionable strategies that will improve website visibility on Google.
A successful candidate must possess excellent time management skills and the ability to work with a variety of clients in both B2C and B2B marketplaces. The candidate must have a thorough understanding of digital marketing strategies, approaches, reporting, and tactics for lead generation and eCommerce.
SEO Specialist responsibilities include:
- Understanding of how SEO and Inbound Marketing work together to drive results for clients
- Technical SEO audits, keyword research, SEO code updates in WordPress, and additional SEO support for select clients.
- Implementing Schema, link building, SEO analytics, keyword research
- Implementation of on-page and off-page SEO optimization
- Diagnosis and resolving organic traffic and SEO issues
- Setting up proper performance tracking on-site domains
- Implementing Google Search Console and Google Analytics
- Other SEO tactics and research to drive client success
- Generating blog topics and identifying additional website pages (pillar pages/ location pages)
- Scorecard and goal setting
- Defining 3-5 SEO KPIs (per client) to measure ROI (return on investment)
- Conversion- study heat maps, identify conversions optimization opportunities
- Analyze website traffic, leads vs. competitors, organic vs paid, etc.
- All Google apps and reporting tools needed for client success (SEM Rush)
- Update Google Data Studio reporting to document goals, analyze data and define the goals from the client’s marketing plan.
- Collaborating with the IW team to develop the SEO part of the digital marketing plan for clients- specific marketing strategies, tactics, campaigns, etc to meet and exceed their digital marketing/ SEO goals
- Meeting with clients as needed to present SEO strategy, in a consultative manner
- Other digital marketing responsibilities as assigned.
- Five years of technical SEO experience, either at an agency or in-house
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a consultative approach to clients
- Comprehensive knowledge of organic search, search engine ranking algorithms, and both on-page, and off-page SEO activities
- Experience with keyword research, strategy assessments, and competitive analyses
- Strong experience with Schema.org, Google Tag Manager, Search Console, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMRush, MOZ, and Screaming Frog
- Proven experience successfully managing and implementing technical SEO initiatives with a clear understanding of crawl errors, redirection, duplication, and site speed.
- Understanding of response codes, URL structure best practices, page speed, and core web vitals.
- Basic understanding of WordPress web development and the Yoast plugin
- Basic understanding of HTML & CSS
- Ability to think creatively and strategically with a history of successfully identifying and solving difficult website problems
- Proven experience finding, analyzing, and assimilating market and customer data into digital marketing tactics and SEO strategies
- Understanding of digital UX experience and conversion strategies
- Understanding of eCommerce set-up for digital marketing goal tracking
- Be a self-starter and able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Experience working remotely in a similar role is strongly preferred
- Experience with HubSpot is a bonus
- Google Ads campaign setup and optimization a plus
As an employee of Intuitive Websites you’ll have these amazing benefits:
- Unlimited vacation time ensuring work responsibilities are complete
- Health insurance contributions
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Work from home in a remote workplace
- 48 hours of sick time per year
- Aflac supplemental benefits
- Salary Range: $70+