How to use your web stats and analytics software to understand visitors and respond to their needs.
- Google Analytics (formerly Urchin): A free and top-notch analytics package that integrates with your Google Adwords campaigns. Note that an active Google Adwords campaign is not a mandatory requirement for using this software.
- Webtrends: A package that has matured over the years and is now an excellent, comprehensive analytics solution. This is a paid solution with pricing tiers from standard to advanced marketing to e-commerce.
- Clicktracks: A great package for getting a visual sense of user behavior on your site. Excellent for executive overviews.
- Omniture: This is a very complete solution for analytics, the package the big boys use with customers like Walmart. GM and eBay. It costs more with programs starting at 1500 per month but you get what you pay for — this is a deep analytics solution.
- Insist on great analytics software – stats that “come with” hosting packages are often inadequate
- Set and monitor goals for your Website
- Create an ROI tracking system based on stats
- Measure conversions using stats
- Track customer behavior and respond to their wishes!