Converting web visitors to customers or potential customers is a key function of many web sites. This podcast examines tips and tricks for conversions.
- For e-commerce sites, don’t let shipping be a barrier to purchasing.
- Make sure that you’re clear on the goals of your site: selling, getting leads, providing information.
- Be sure there are lots of ways for users to convert using on-page forms.
- On lead generation pages, pay careful attention to the quality of your offer. Make sure you offer something users will really want and that they can’t get on the site. Add value and offer something that solves a user’s problems.
- Take the time to get the Better Business logo and the Hacker Safe logos on your site.
- Keep forms simple! Long lead-capture forms alienate users.
- Determine what type of conversion you’re going after and set a target
- Develop a tracking system for ROI
- Do usability testing
- Modify, test, everything!
- Make sure you have good analytics
- Once you’ve maxed conversion rates, go for more traffic