Podcast Number 81 — August 2012
Glenn and Tom review the Website TrustySeals.com. Sometimes the best way to learn about Web marketing is with a real live example.
The Website www.TrustySeals.com provides real safe technology. What does that mean?
- Nice looking design and simple, but the message is not totally clear.
- How do they make things safe? What do they make safe?
- Maybe the user will know, maybe the user won’t.
- The best approach is to have 10-out-of-10 of site visitors understand the site.
- The “see how it works” should be in the main navigation.
- The benefits may be confusing to some users.
- Is it possible to see examples on the home page?
- Can the seals be placed on the home page?
- Beware of content below the fold.
What are the key action items for the Web marketers at TrustySeals.com?
- The site owners need to clearly communicate to site visitors.
- A new tagline is recommended.
- A connection needs to be made with the Web visitor and the site needs to build trust, just like the trust building it is selling.
- Benefits should be clear and on the home page in bullet form with an explanation of how and why the process works.
- Add call to actions on all Web pages.
- Add Contact Us to the main navigation menu.
- The audio was late coming in the video.
- Go talk to customers and tell their conversion success stories.