In this podcast Glenn and Tom talk about the proper way to write online content about company team members and how to display that content on the company website. Many websites do a poor job of clearly describe the company founders and the people behind the business. Website users want this information. If done properly, this valuable content can increase online conversions.
See a video of this podcast on YouTube by clicking here.
Listen to the podcast to learn:
- Why website users enjoy learning about the people working at company.
- How these key people are often your competitive advantage.
- To avoid using brochure copy to write about your team.
- How to write about key team member’s to increase conversions.
- When is the individual a brand and when is the company a brand?
- The best methods for using team photos.
- When to change people’s bios and make updates.
The key action items from this podcast:
- Make a list of the key people that help your company run successfully.
- Hire an outside writer or follow the guidelines in this podcast to prepare bios.
- Have consistent, professional photos taken of each team member along with some group photos.
- Look for “action shots” of the team at work.
- Keep this information on the about us page.
- Include historical bios of team members when possible.