In this Internet marketing podcast Glenn and Tom talk about the right way to distribute content on the Web. They review how to write content for blogs, corporate sites, eCommerce sites, Facebook and other types of Websites. Here is an outline of their discussion.
What is important to know about online content?
- Content drives the Internet and is never done.
- Content must be Web friendly.
- Content varies greatly depending on the type of Website and strategy.
What do you mean by types of Websites?
Here are the types of Websites most common on the Internet and each needing different forms of content:
- General company Website driving leads or branding.
- eCommerce Websites, content is product focused.
- Blogs and articles or content posting Websites.
- Facebook and other social networking sites.
- Develop content and strategy for each site type.
- Track results for each.
How does content motivate Web users to action?
- Motivations are different on each Website.
- Content drive searches and word of mouth.
- Users look for content, including photos with captions.
- Website call to action is almost always content focused.
- Know how your target market uses each Website.
Key action items for the listener:
- Develop a strategy and content wish list for each Website.
- Hire a writer to post content.
- Track the results in your stats as users vote on the content they like best.
- Modify and continue to add content to drive results.
- Realize that your Web strategy is constantly in need of fresh content.
- Register your brand on all social networking sites.
- Your Web visitors and search engines will appreciate the effort.
This has been the Intuitive Websites Internet Marketing Podcast. For more information and to see all the available podcasts and much more, visit IntuitiveWebsites.com. This podcast is available on iTunes.