Sales and Marketing Alignment
A New Book by Thomas Young and Karl Becker
Writing a thought-provoking and insightful sales and marketing book to drive sales results for your company is not easy. In my most recent book, “Sales and Marketing Alignment” Karl Becker and I put in the hard work because this knowledge is needed.
We have a vision of helping sales and marketing teams reach their potential by working together and not against each other. Reaching this potential is at the heart of sales growth and hitting your revenue targets.
This ground-breaking book presents a framework and process for helping you get there.
Let us be your guide to increased sales revenues through the critical alignment of your sales and marketing teams with: “Sales and Marketing Alignment”
The Goals of the Book “Sales and Marketing Alignment”
The main goal of the book is to guide sales and marketing teams to grow sales and reach their targets.
Recent trends make it difficult for salespeople to reach prospects without help from marketing. If the two teams are in silos or arguing over lead quality, it will be hard to build the synergies needed to close sales. The book provides a framework and process for making this happen. It includes action items, scorecards, funnel strategies, content tactics, worksheets and much more.
Who Should Read This Book
The book is for business professionals responsible for driving revenue at a company. Because everyone at the company has a role in marketing and contributes to revenue, this topic has a very wide base of readers!
Organizational leadership, key managers and sales and marketing professionals at all levels will benefit greatly from “Sales and Marketing Alignment.”
The book shows how team members can present sales and marketing alignment strategies and tactics to the leadership team. This is important to get buy-in and to educate leaders on how they may be the root cause of tension between sales and marketing teams.
The book explains how to build a team to execute on sales and marketing alignment.
The book is also an excellent resource for college and university level marketing and business students. The book is a great textbook for college level marketing coursework.
A Few Take-Aways from the Book
- How to get leadership behind sales and marketing alignment.
- The three pillars of sales and marketing success: strategy, process and people.
- What can marketing can learn from the sales team.
- Where sales can support content marketing and other marketing tactics.
- How sales and marketing can work together to identify the ideal customer.
- How to develop and nurture an integrated sales and marketing funnel or buyer’s journey.
- Tips to coordinate website and digital marketing with the efforts of the sales team.
- Accelerate the use of marketing automation to grow revenues and support sales.
- How to hire the right people to build an integrated sales and marketing team.
- And much more on the integration of sales and marketing teams to drive growth.
Skim the Book and Get Value
If you are pressed for time, you can skim the book and get value. Start by reviewing the table of contents and reading the chapters most appropriate to your situation. You can also get tremendous value by reviewing the worksheets and exercises. The book is broken into sections so it is easy to read one part at a time. It works best when read as a whole, but each section has insights and will add value.
Click HERE to buy the book on Amazon today. Please reach out to us for a free 30-minute consultation and with feedback on the book.