Podcast Number 94 — May 2014
In this podcast Glenn and Tom talk about marketing online with testimonials and customer reviews or endorsements. The podcast reviews the steps needed to get results from testimonials and customer reviews on your Website and in social media.
Four Types of Testimonials
- Client Lists – A list of your clients or projects.
- Testimonials – Brief endorsements from clients and customers.
- Customer Reviews – Live reviews of products or services.
- Case Studies – Stories from customers and clients.
- The most effective type of testimonial in building credibility are customer reviews of products and services.
- The biggest mistake is to think that testimonials work on their own.
- Each type of testimonial is used differently by different types of companies.
- People expect to read positive things from testimonials and research product and service reviews. So this makes them less valuable than live, online reviews posted in social media or on your Website.
- Don’t be afraid of negative reviews or lose sleep over them, rather turn them into a positive.
- Customer feedback on the Web is self-policing and negative comments are OK.
The key action items from this podcast:
- Develop a client list, testimonials, customer review process and case studies.
- Make these areas part of your Website content.
- Develop a content marketing and social media plan to support customer testimonials.
- Post new content to the Web weekly if possible.