The economy continues to be weak, but the Web gets stronger. Many companies are adapting to the economy in ways that will fundamentally change how they do business in the long term, especially financial, auto, real estate and construction firms to name a few. Click below to play.
What is causing the growth in Web marketing in the downturn?
- A strong need for ROI in marketing
- Cut backs in other areas of the company
- Inexperienced staff asked to manage the Website marketing efforts
- Layoffs leading to more small business start-ups, temps and freelancers
- The Web continues to grow in popularity and use
- Growth of social marketing on the Internet
- Demographic changes and their use of the Web
- Lower consumer spending driving people to the low-cost Internet
Who are the people impacted by the recession and how can Web marketing help them?
- Graduates looking for work
- Experienced job seekers, freelancers and temp workers
- People starting or ramping up a new, small business
- Small and medium sized business in various markets
- Large corporations
Graduates and Experienced Job Seekers
- Stand out with a Website and your own, personal domain name
- Use the Website as a new type of resume
- Develop a Web page for the company you are pursuing
- Social networking and your content is very important
New Business Start-Ups
- Follow the Intuitive Websites’ four step process
- The Web will probably be your main marketing channel
- Staffing for Web marketing during layoffs
- When and how to outsource
- Web marketing and Website ROI (our next podcast)
- What are your competitors doing?
- Maximize the Internet in your job search
- Seek outside help
- Learn the fundamentals of Web marketing
- Measure your return and monitor
- Don’t take your Website for granted, you need it now more than ever!