In this podcast, Glenn and Tom review the new Google search update rewarding mobile-friendly websites. Almost 50% of Google’s search traffic is now coming from mobile devices.
Listen to the podcast for tips on getting your website found in Google on mobile searches. Here are a few areas covered in the podcast:
- Google is making a huge change to its ranking factors this week.
- The changes deal with how mobile websites are listed in Google mobile search results.
- This is an important change and leaves website owners with no choice but to convert to a responsive design website or mobile site.
- The importance of mobile and page authority in Google is very important.
- Remember to set-up your Google+ account and review how it appears on mobile devices.
- This Google search update puts even more of a focus on Webmaster Tools.
- Avoid duplicate content on a mobile site or on a regular non-responsive design site.
- Mobile should be part of your content marketing and SEO strategy, including Google+.
The key action items from this podcast:
- Go to this link https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/ and see if your site is mobile friendly.
- Review your webs stats to see how many people are visiting your website from mobile devices.
- Check your Google+ page on mobile devices to see how it displays on searches and on small screens.
- Set-up Google Webmaster Tools and track the effectiveness of your mobile site in Google search.
- Use this Google checklist to make sure your site is mobile friendly. https://developers.google.com/webmasters/mobile-sites/mobile-seo/common-mistakes/
- Here is an excellent Google post on the new SEO updates. http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2015/04/faqs-april-21st-mobile-friendly.html