What’s a conversion on the Web?
There are many ways to measure a conversion on a Website.Here are a few examples:
- An online purchase
- A phone call from a dedicated Website phone number
- A form submission for more information
- A form submission to receive something free
- An email to the company from the Website
- Subscribing to an email newsletter, podcast or other content
- Signing-up for a Webinar, seminar or other event
- Driving out to your office
- Sending a link to a friend or referring a friend
- Viewing multi-media on the Website
- Making a donation
- Printing a coupon from the Website
Any visit to a Website that results in some form of interaction is a conversion.
The key is to track and measure these conversions and to train your sales team to take them seriously!
Make sure your Website has one or more of the above conversion strategies in place and a method for following-up and closing sales.