Glenn and Tom discuss Website conversions and stay-in-touch programs. These two areas are key to Web marketing success for both lead generation Websites and eCommerce sites looking to maximize sales and customer engagement.
Web Conversions are a starting point.
- Many consider conversions to be the end point.
- Website conversion start a customer relationship.
- There are many ways conversion can happen on a Website.
- The boundary is very blurry on how people convert.
- Web users do not care if you know how they contacted your company.
Conversions are only as good as your stay-in-touch program.
- What is a stay-in-touch program? It goes by many different names.
- Very simple: remaining in contact with your target market.Use both pull versus push strategies.
- Develop a strategy for keeping in touch and allow for multiple channels.
Stay-in-Touch Program Ideas
- Social media
- Blogs and RSS feeds
- Direct mail
- Phone calls and CRM systems
- Call to action and incentives
- Face-to-face meetings
The key action items from this podcast:
- Write a strategic stay-on-touch program
- Include a budget (time or money) and ROI analysis
- Select your channels that work for the target market
- Develop content and call to action themes
- Post all stay-in-touch content to your Website
- Talk to your target market for feedback