Here are a few important and growing Internet trends:
- Most people check out products on the Web before they buy from a retail store. The Websites they visit influence their retail buying decisions. Cart abandonment rates are still over 50% and are not improving fast enough.
- Almost all businesses use the Web when searching for vendors and business partners. Many more follow-up on business referrals with a visit to their Website. An organization’s Website can build or erode trust.
- Website design and development processes are not working well–there continues to be major usability and design problems with most Websites. Slowly, Websites are becoming simpler–fewer links and more white space.
- Blogs, Podcasts, Webinars and other forms of content distribution are growing very rapidly among consumers but most businesses have no idea how to use these technologies or what to do with them.
- More companies are beginning to set Website ROI goals and measure their Websites’ success. The vast majority of businesses still don’t do this. A lack of understanding in this area leads to no strategic Web plan or smart investing in Web marketing efforts.
These trends provide valuable insight into what is working online, how to get results for your site, and where you can get ahead of your competitors.