Is Email Marketing Dead?
Email marketing has been dealt a serious blow from increased blogging, texting, the growth of social media and other forms of content distribution. Also, the high volume of email messages is making it more difficult to get through. Email marketing needs to change, but it is not dead. Here are a few email marketing tips:
- Coordinate email marketing with social media strategies.
- Blog daily and email only once or twice per month.
- Be very selective on your email lists and segment accordingly.
- Only send emails with content that is highly valuable to your target market.
- Allow your target market to subscribe to a blog, follow in social media, subscribe to an email newsletter and contact you directly. Increased options may lower the email subscriber count, but provide a greater market reach.
- Great content gets read and distributed and emails are still one of the best ways to make that happen.
Watch for more details coming soon in a new podcast on email marketing from Intuitive Websites.