What comes before social media? A lot!
Social media gets a lot of attention and hype. As it should, because it is extremely popular. However, social media is not the most important Web marketing function. In fact, it doesn’t make the top ten. So before you put money and time into an extensive social media strategy, make sure these 10 Web marketing areas are covered:
- Develop a clear and sustainable strategy for your Website.
- Make sure the site has clear and measurable conversion points.
- The site should be very easy to use.
- 100% of site visitors should understand what the site is about.
- The site should be designed appropriately for the target market.
- Set-up Google Analytics and test it.
- Research and implement comprehensive, measurable SEO and PPC programs with strong ROI.
- Develop a strong content strategy for the Website for all products and services.
- Write a monthly email newsletter and blog daily or weekly.
- Establish a strategy for social media content prior to launch.
Do these ten things first and then you are ready for a strong social media presence.
Don’t place social media at the top of your Web marketing action plans until you are really ready.