In this Internet marketing podcast Glenn and Tom talk about the Google’s Instant Search feature. They review how it impacts SEO, paid advertising on Google AdWords and other Internet marketing insights from this new Google feature. Here is an outline of their discussion.
What is Google Instant Search?
- Instant search results as you type
- Launched in September of 2010
- Do a Google search to see how it works
- Will reduce some “long-tail” searches
- 30% of searches are unique and this may change
- Unique searches make it harder for Google to run expensive ads
What does this mean for online marketers?
- It will change how novice searchers use Google
- Drives more traffic to large corporate Websites
- Increase high paying ad click-throughs
- Some change to long-tail searches
- The savvy searcher will ignore those results
- It will make searching faster
- Can be used as a keyword indicator
- Changes how impressions are tracked in AdWords
How does this benefit Google?
- Drives more clicks to paid ads for high volume searches
- Makes it faster to search for some users
- Good PR as they improve the search engine
- Simplifies and focuses searches
- Fewer long tail searches
- Continues their amazing technology
We end each podcast with an action item plan. What are the key action items for the listener?
- SEO is a constantly changing discipline and you have to stay in touch.
- Subscribe to Search Engine Land and other SEO newsletters.
- SEO is always best approached organically and strategically.
- Go use Google and search for your targeted terms.
- Look for the impact in your stats.
- Review what Google has to say about Google Instant
This has been the Intuitive Websites Internet Marketing Podcast. For more information and to see all the available podcasts and much more, visit IntuitiveWebsites.com. This podcast is available on iTunes.