One of the key indicators in Google Analytics is your bounce rate. This tracks visitors to your site who leave immediately and “bounce” off the site. Bounce rates average around 50-60%. A good bounce rate is 20-30%. In order to lower your bounce rate and keep people on your site you must do two things. First, great Website content needs to pulls users into the Website. Second, you must draw the right traffic into the Website. Here are a few tips for getting the right traffic:
- Optimize your site for your brand and keep your online brand consistent with your offline brand.
- Your company name should match your Website address and it should be extremely easy for users to know who you are based on your offline promotions and find your site when they search on your company name.
- Look for niches in your key word research.
- Avoid the trap of competitive keyword searches and find many groups of niche key words.
- Take advantage of Google local and optimize for local searches.
- Develop an email program with great value-added content that brings people back to your Website.
- Send out your email newsletter once a month.
- Develop at least 4 ideas to get better qualified traffic.