by: Thomas Young
The use of mobile devices and a variety of screen sizes to access the Internet is growing fast and will make up a significant portion of visits to your website. In this post we will review what business owners and leaders need to know about mobile devices and the Internet and how to position their company to reap marketing benefits from this rapid growth.
Apple Products Lead the Way
Mobile Usage Limits User Options
Everything is Smaller
Mobile Devices Indirectly Drive Sales
Users Want Information Now
The Death of the Traditional Office
What is Unique to Your Target Market?
- Identify the top three functions mobile users want from your website.
- Make sure your navigation is simple and use large fonts on your mobile site.
- Conduct market research to get answers about mobile website usage.
- Think about a mobile app as a solution for smart phone users.
- Check out your competitors’ websites on a smart phone or other mobile device.
- Consider responsive design as an option for your website so the site is able to modify itself for each individual user’s screen size.
- Track mobile visits to your website in Google Analytics. If your mobile traffic is approaching 15-20 percent of your overall visits, it is time to invest in a mobile website or a responsive design website.
Thomas Young is the CEO and founder of Intuitive Websites. He is an author, speaker and digital marketing consultant. Order Tom’s book “Winning the Website War” to get more digital marketing insights.