Our Website, IntutiveWebsites.com, lays this out pretty well, but I want to stress a couple things about how important our four-step process is to getting results from Web marketing efforts. These four steps came out of eight years of work in Web marketing. Firstly, we are giving away this knowledge, free of charge and not holding back on what works. The second point is that it really does work! Here is a brief overview of each step and key action items.
Step One: Get a Strategy
Most Websites don’t have a strategy and are developed for the wrong reasons. Strategies include:
- Generating leads for the sales team
- Building an online email list
- Selling direct through the Website
- Developing a competitive advantage
- Branding the company
To make sure you are on the right strategy, get feedback from your customers and prospects.
Step Two: Build a Website
After you have talked to customers and you know what they want, build a Website that gives them what they want. Make this site VERY easy to use.
Step Three: Drive Traffic
Here are the basics of driving traffic:
- Use all offline methods you can
- Search engine optimization and ads in Google and Yahoo
- Emails from your own list
- Partnerships with other Websites
- Podcasts, blogs and webinars
Step Four: Measure Conversions and ROI
What are the results of the first three steps? Use Web stats and your conversion plan to measure all this on a regular basis.
If you have a successful business, then follow these steps for guaranteed results.