Welcome to the Intuitive Websites Internet Marketing Podcast, bringing you the country’s top podcast on the subject of Internet marketing. I am your host Glenn Thayer and today we are going to follow-up on our last podcast on how to make sales people Web marketers.
In this podcast Glenn and Tom follow-up on the previous podcast to answer a few questions from listeners and discuss this topic in more detail. Here is an outline of their discussion.
Don’t Underestimate Changes in Marketing and Sales
Several listeners responded to last month’s podcast about the changes in marketing sales due to the impact of the Internet on salespeople efforts to generate leads. Here is a follow-up to that discussion and action steps for salespeople that are on the fence in this area. Listen to the podcast recording to learn more.
Traditional Sales Roles Have Changed
- This is a fact that can’t be ignored
- You will drive negative results unless the salesperson adapts to the Web
- Customer and client roles have also changed
- Web marketing is driving changes in the buying and selling process
Think Strategic First
- Strategy and data solve the problem of “my opinion”
- Learn the Four Steps to Web marketing
- Use Web content to drive traffic and sales leads as a lead generation strategy
- Read Seth Godin’s books and Web content
Great Salespeople Will Get it Right
- Improve your selling skills and get Web savvy
- A transition in efforts is very important
- The Web is an important supplement to what you already do well
- This new type of salesperson will be hired and be successful
Work the Data, Follow-Up and Conversion Rates
- All Websites should convert at 2% or better
- Poorly converting Websites should be fixed
- Content and usability are key to conversions
- Integrate with your CRM process to automate sales and Web marketing
- Use email to drive new leads and stay in touch
We end each podcast with an action item plan. What are the key action items for the listener?
- Learn more about Web marketing, the Four Step Process
- Revise your Web marketing strategy
- Pay attention to trends, read newsletters and watch stats
- Apply Web principles to your marketing
- Think into the future and be ready for the change!
This has been the Intuitive Websites Internet Marketing Podcast for more information and to see all the available podcasts and much more, visit IntuitiveWebsites.com.