Podcast Number 79 — June 2012
Glenn and Tom talk about the changing role of Web content and how to develop strategies that drive results from content marketing on the Internet.
The Website www.ScreenComment.com provides great content, but is struggling to be
successful and develop a solid revenue model. Here are a few suggestions to improve the site
and help develop a revenue model.
- Everything starts with strategy, the site needs a more focused strategy.
- The “me too” strategy is hard to develop into revenue.
- The site needs a stronger niche.
- The bounce rate is high and page views are very low. This is a disconnect between the site and visitor needs.
- Design and layout of the site communicates the strategy.
- The current site has an “insider” look and feel.
- Competitor sites are much more consumer focused.
What are the key action items for the for the Web marketers at ScreenComment.com?
- The site owners need to clearly understand who they want on their Website and what is a clear call to action for these users.
- Conduct research and take the time to get inside the head of your Website users.
- Develop an upgrade Web marketing strategy and work to find a competitive niche.
- Include several ideas for developing a revenue model.
- Look to finding investors to help fund the Website.
This podcast is available for download on iTunes.