Website Reviews: Etsy.com and Pinterest.com
Glenn and Tom review two Websites that are addictive: Etsy.com and Pinterest.com. These two sites have grown dramatically in the past few years. They have done so well that they are major influences in the marketplace for products aimed at women.
The Draw of Etsy and Pinterest
- Both Websites draw in the visitor on a highly emotional and basic level.
- Engagement levels are very high on both sites.
- The sites build desire through photos and captions.
- Employers must hate these sites because they are time killers!
- Both sites have a very solid eCommerce model, with Etsy leading.
- There is no quick fix to success with either site.
Etsy and the path to a small business
- There is no need to have a job you hate or be unemployed when you can be on Etsy.
- Build, design, sell.
- Etsy is a great kickstart to a launch a business.
- You get out of it what you put in.
Pinterest Builds Community
- Allows the visitor to share and spreads the visual fix.
- Captions make the photos 10 times more effective.
- Captions are the call to action.
- Pinterest builds a community and Etsy gives you the channel for sales. The two sites look alike and this is not by accident.
The key action items from this podcast:
- Make your Website addictive to your users.
- User desire is present in all your visitors–the key is how to tap it.
- What do your users want to see visually and read about?
- Use captions and excellent photos.
- Leverage these two Websites to tap into female target markets.