In this podcast, Glenn and Tom talk about the need for excellent web marketing even when sales are high. Some companies believe they should hold back on website marketing improvements when sales are strong, however this is the best time to improve the company website.
Tom and Glenn discuss the following topics:
- Sales go up and down along with website traffic
- The best time to invest in marketing is during growth
- An excellent website prepares the company for a downturn
- Content must be maintained for traction in Google
- You can loose marketshare and not know it
- Excellent websites attract profitable customers
- Website trends demand updates and change
- Customers know when you are holding back
The key action items from this podcast:
- Compare your website to the current web marketing trends in your industry.
- Does your design stand above the competition?
- Is the content on your website leading the marketplace?
- Is your website traffic increasing during the increase in sales?
- Set aside a marketing budget and aggressively promote your website during an upturn in the business.