by: Thomas Young
Before we dive into step four, let’s review the Four-Step Process once again.
- Web marketing strategy
- Website design and development
- Traffic generation
- Conversion tracking and return on investment (ROI)
Track Web Marketing ROI with Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools
How to Set Web Marketing Goals
Pages per Visit and Time on Site
- Search engine traffic (organic and paid)
- Links from other websites
- Direct traffic
Sales Conversion and Average Order Amount
Schedule Digital Marketing Meetings
- Web stats review and analysis
- Review of goals and forecasted ROI
- Competitive website review
- Usability and conversion analysis
- Design and development updates
- Traffic generation SEO and social media
- Content marketing
- Monthly action items
- Establish a Google Analytic and Webmaster Tools account for tracking data on your website.
- Set goals for your Google Analytics stats and calculate ROI from those goals.
- Schedule monthly digital marketing meetings to review this data.
- Assign action items to team members and review outcomes in the monthly meetings. Update and review all action items during the meetings.
- Determine your sales team’s closing ratios and your average order amount.