Know Your Marketing Ground Rules
Understand the ground rules of marketing for your business before you build an online marketing strategy. Many times what appears to be common sense is counter-intuitive and can lead you in the wrong direction with your strategy. Here are a few ground rules to follow as you develop your Web strategy.
- The impact of the Internet and technology on your company.
- A thorough understanding of your sales channels and customers.
- A well-developed Sales and Marketing Plan that includes Web marketing.
- Knowledge of what drives prospects to your company and leads from your Website.
- An understanding of what closes sales.
- The difference between marketing and sales.
- The marketplace is crowded, very noisy and growing at unlimited rates, what sets you apart?
- Sales and marketing looks different across market segments and industries.
- B2B marketing is different from B2C marketing.
Make a list of the marketing ground rules that are key to your business and make them a part of your overall Web strategy.