A great question is posed by one of our Podcast listeners: “How to Bring a Brand Back to Life on the Web.” Simona from Milan Italy wants to know how to revitalize a brand through the Internet with a minimum investment. She gave the example of cookie maker Lazzaroni (www.lazzaroni-ita.com).
If your company has history and many loyal customers, then bringing a brand back to life on the Web is a great opportunity to build on that history and drive growth once again.
Here are a few steps to bring a brand back to life on the Web:
- Cover the basics of Web marketing first.
- Time and legacy can be the most valuable parts of the online brand.
- Know the trends in the industry.
- Get back to the basis of branding and positioning 101.
- Website branding and messaging supports all marketing efforts.
- Understand the changing market place (get research done).
- What remains in the old brand and what should change?
- Tap into social networks, like FaceBook and Twitter.
Can all this be done in a cost effective manner?
- Yes, if you are smart with your research budgets and time.
- It will take time, but not always money.
- User testing is a great cost effective research tool.
- The challenge will be getting the right people and brains on this project.
- Take a look at the Wonder Wheel and Timeline in Google search results.
What are the key action items for the listener?
- Look at your stats and conduct user testing to research the new marketplace.
- Use WordTracker and Google tools to research the online markets.
- Talk to new target markets and conduct consumer research.
- Expand geographically and across demographics.
- Tap into social networks and get feedback on the brand.
This podcast is available on iTunes.