Today we are going to discuss the “Contact Us” page. I am here with the CEO of Intuitive Websites, Thomas Young. Dennis McCarthy and Web marketing specialist Ray Cameron.
What is important about the “Contact Us” page?
• Every site needs a “Contact Us” page
• Often not take seriously enough
• It is a very important page, yet many sites don’t have one!
• Part of a conversion strategy
• It is hard to find on some sites
• It is the critical conversion point for many sites
What should be included in the “Contact Us” page?
The five ways to contact you:
5. Driving directions and locations
6. Additional items to drive conversions
How does the “Contact Us” page drive conversions?
• It is a conversion
• Users visit it for a reason
• Photos of contact people
• Hours of operation
• When someone will get back to the user
• Focus on action and less on content
What about for eCommerce sites?
• Having a shopping cart does not mean no contact allowed
• People should be able to continue to shop from this page
• Reinforce your brand or special offer
• Users should be able to call, fax or email in an order from this page
• Include a printable fax order form or secure submit form
• Make it easy.
What are the key action items for the listener?
• Include the “Contact Us” on your main navigation
• On every page of the site
• Track as a conversion and watch stats to the page
• Make totally easy and simple to use
• Conduct user testing, especially if you have a complex site
This has been the Intuitive Websites Internet Marketing Podcast. For more information and to see all the available podcasts and much more, visit IntuitiveWebsites.com.