Glenn and Tom review the Website Fitocracy.com and related fitness Websites that have grown dramatically in the past two years with the success of P90X and other programs. This is also an example of a niche social media site that is an emerging marketing trend in 2013.
Upon visiting Fitocracy.com the user might have several questions:
How to Pronounce the Name?
- The first user issue is the pronunciation of the Website’s name.
- Spell it phonetically next to the name.
- Or say that it rhymes with…
- The Website has a nice modern design, but it needs more clarity.
What does the Website do?
- What is “Fitness Motivation”?
- What is the icon next to the tagline?
Other Key Points
- Once the user gets past fundamental questions, they will then look into signing up.
- It would be nice to know how many people use the site.
- The site has a very specific demographic.
- How do the rewards work?
- What is the business model and how does the site make money?
- How does the site avoid spam and the wrong user type.
The key action items from this podcast:
- The target market is critical for this site to grow and site owners need to find them.
- The site can grow organically through sports and fitness groups.
- Growth will be organic and by workout type and group interests.
- Develop a video to explain the benefits.
- A great resource for fitness trainers and other advertisers.
- Fitness leaders can also drive growth of the site.
- Make sure the Website does not “sell-out.”