Glenn and Tom review the Website AMAnet.org, the Website of the American Management Association (AMA). The AMA is the winner of our free Website review from our recent social media promotion.
Here are the key areas of improvement for the Website:
- The purpose and goal of the organization and the Website should be clearly stated.
- The Website needs direct taglines for the home page and each market segment.
- Become an AMA member should be a key conversion point.
- The Website assumes the visitor knows what they need.
- There are very few design elements on the site.
- Use of clip art versus real photos and product graphics can help.
- The site needs to be more conversion friendly and simplified.
- Make the site easier to use to drive more conversions.
- There are many AMA Websites that display in a Google search.
- The Meta description is very important.
Key action items for the for the Web marketers at the AMA:
- Find ways to simplify the Website.
- Start by simplifying the site map.
- Focus on a tagline for each market segment.
- Conduct user testing in most profitable segments.
- Get serious about eCommerce and conversions to drive sales.
- Both product and training sales are part of eCommerce shopping.
- Get the become a member conversion point on the home page.